Under current Head Coach, Galen McSpadden, the Seward County Community College baseball program has amassed a record of 986-546 over the past 29 years, which has included: 1 NJCAA World Series appearance; 5 regional tournament championships; 13 regular season conference championships; 18 All-Americans and 144 All-Conference players. The sustained success of Saints baseball has been a direct result of both the quality of players that have performed on Brent Gould Field as well as the quality of men that have continued their lives after Seward County. Winning has become a tradition for the Saints, and Seward County Community College would like to invite all of those who have been a part of it back to Liberal, Kansas (this Labor Day weekend) for the Inaugural SCCC Baseball Alumni Weekend.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, September 3rd
· 8:00 P.M. - Everyone is invited to meet up at Billy’s BBQ for a late dinner or drinks. Billy’s provides a sports bar atmosphere to socialize with whomever makes it into town early enough. Billy’s is located at 44 Village Plaza (between Dillons and North Pizza Hut).
Saturday, September 4th
· 9:00 A.M.- Optional Campus Tour. For those who have not seen the campus since the renovations to the athletic facilities, meet at the baseball field parking lot for a quick 30 minute tour.
· 10:15 A.M.- Alumni Batting Practice. Batting practice will begin for all Alumni (including those who are not participating in the game).
· 11:15 A.M.- Home Run Derby. Entry fee for the Home Run Derby will be $10 with the winner taking home a prize.
· 12:20 P.M.- Alumni Team Infield.
· 1:00 P.M.- Alumni vs. Current Saints (possible double header depending on registration numbers)
· 7:00 P.M.- Dinner at Billy’s BBQ and Auction. Optional transportation may be provided. The dinner will include a traditional barbeque style with two or three different meat choices.
Sunday, September 5th
· 8:00 A.M.- Golf Tournament Registration.
· 8:30 A.M.- Golf Tournament.
You may also register by sending your information by email to Roy Allen (email@example.com) The $50 fee will include a t-shirt, the Saturday night barbeque meal, and the golf green fee as well as a golf cart. Family members are more than welcome. Each additional family member will be an extra $5 for the Saturday night meal and $25 for the golf tournament. To ensure accurate t-shirt orders and event planning, we ask that all forms be returned by August 14th. However, late registration will be accepted. Any proceeds after costs will go directly to the Seward County baseball program.
Family members who are not participating in the golf tournament are encouraged to enjoy the new local Adventure Bay Water Park or the newly renovated Southgate Cinema 6 movie theater in Liberal.
The college bookstore, located on campus, will also be open to all alumni from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
The following hotel rates are being offered from several hotels in Liberal. When reserving a room, please mention that you are part of the SCCC Baseball Alumni Weekend. We encourage that you reserve a room as soon as possible as Labor Day Weekend is busy in Liberal.
(WBf = with breakfast) (WoBf = without breakfast) (zip code for GPS = 67901)
1. Holiday Inn Express ($59 a night WBf): 877-786-9480 / 1550 N Lincoln Ave
2. Days Inn ($49 a night WBf): 620-626-7377 / 405 E Pancake Blvd
3. Super 8 ($50 a night WBf): 620-624-8880 / 747 E Pancake Blvd
4. Quality Inn ($59 a night WBf): 620-624-0242 / 720 E Pancake Blvd
5. Liberal Inn ($58 a night WoBf): 620-624-7254 / 603 E Pancake Blvd
6. Southwind Inn ($45.00 a night WoBf): 620-624-6236 / 619 E Pancake Blvd
7. America’s Best Value Inn ($55 a night WoBf): 620-624-6203 / 564 E Pancake Blvd
Come relive those memories of being a part of a winning tradition!!!