Seward County Community College/Area Technical School Business & Industry will offer an Arc-Flash Training for Non-Electricians from 1-3 p.m., Monday, Aug. 26 in TB136.
The cost is $35 per person.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be better prepared to:
• Explain the definition and duties of qualified workers.
• Explain common tasks considered to be arc flash hazards.
• Discuss how an electrically safe working condition is created.
• Discuss the specific conditions in which energized work is permitted
• Explain the requirements of each of the three approach boundaries.
• Discuss the methods for determining the Arc Flash Boundary.
• Discuss the importance of wearing arc-related clothing when required.
• Discuss arc flash protection required by the 5 Hazard Risk Categories.
The class is limited to 20 seats. To enroll, call Jennifer Farmer at 620-417-1170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.